Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Happy Birthday Asher!


It was 7 years ago today that my son Asher was born. It is hard to believe he is 7 years old already. His main interests these days are spy stuff, pirates, music, and martial arts. He has been taking tai kwan do lessons for a couple of years now. I don't remember what color belt he is but if you ask him he will tell you. I know for one of the belts he had to break a board like Danielson. I think he is going to be a tall kid.

Certainly when he was born I didn't envision living over a thousand miles away from him and only seeing him 2 months of the year. I have learned from life that you have to roll with the punches. Sometimes you get the crap kicked out of you in life and you just have to keep getting up even though sometimes you just don't want to anymore. But persistence has a way of leading to a better paved road. A road with less potholes, a smoother road, a road with a beautiful view. That is where persistence has lead me. It has led me to a better life, with a wonderful wife, a beautiful daughter and a great little son. I am pleased with my life and feel blessed. Other than dissatisfaction with my current career path I have no complaints. It seems at times like I have been through hell and back but I have few regrets. I don't think you can live a happy life if you hold on to regrets.

I remember looking Asher in the face when he was very young and crying, because I knew the marriage was not going to work out, and I didn't know what would become of us all. Well while not an ideal situation we have tried to make it all work out for everyone the best we could. Asher is doing well, he seem to be doing well in school and seems to be cared for and loved and that is a relief to me. Happy Birthday Asher. He is coming for his summer visit this Friday. I will take a picture then and post it with this blog. Take care

5 comments:

Jolley Family said...

Happy Birthday Asher! I wish I was going to get to see him this summer. I guess I will have to wait for Christmas. Also, today is Cameron and mine 5th wedding anniversery.

Anonymous said...

congrats angela! jeremy tell asher happy birthday for me! i too cant believe its been 7 years

Sarah said...

I was actually thinking about Asher today and how it is his birthday, I haven't seen him in so long. I look forward to the picture. I haven't gotten his card out yet so I will just send it to you.

Josh Smith said...

You've got the right attitude about it all. Keep plugging along and things will work out...even the career thing.

Chris said...

Jeremy, you are a valiant and a stalwart man. I can't wait to see pictures of Asher as well.