Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Stuff

I am starting to feel the pressure of having a Pulitzer prize blog. I am starting to feel the pressure to produce on a regular basis the kind of cutting edge, news breaking, hypothetical thoughts and anecdotes that have gotten me where I am in life. I will continue my best, "fans", to provide you with entertainment in every blog.

I have contemplated lately about working a little blue. The problem is I don't know who all reads this blog. Some of my family and friends may not like blue work. I have considered putting a warning message at the beginning of the blog so those opposed to bathroom stories and the like can look away so to speak. You all let me know what you would like by leaving comments on this post. I have some stories that would singe your nose hairs and reverberate your vocal cords with laughter.

A few thoughts....

Robert Hanssen, ever heard of him. Ever seen the movie "Breach"? Pretty good/interesting movie. Based on a true story of what is considered to be the greatest spy against the United States in history. He was a double agent for the Russians for many years and the results and damage he has caused the United States is still not completely known. After reading a little bit about him, his biggest concern was being caught by a double agent for the United States. In other words some agent employed by the KGB but secretly worked for the United States. He used dead-drops to supply the information, never really coming into contact or revealing his identity to the Russians. It is a good watch, slow, but interesting and true.

Continuing on the movie theme is the movie "Big Fish". I know, it is kind of weird isn't it? But at the same time there is something kind of cool about it. We have all known people who told tall tales. Who when you said you mounted Everest would tell you that they did it barefoot in a wheelchair. The person I grew up with like this was Jeff Ramey. If you listened to that guy he would tell you he could have created the world in 4 days and then he water skied the last 3. I consulted my brother about his tales because he was Travis's age. These are a few of the tales he used to tell us. Jeff Ramey's family seemed to have some money, they had a nice boat and were avid water skiers. He said they were rich due to his cousin's finding a gold nugget in a beach ball. Ummmm, possible, highly unlikely. He also told a story about being at a Ranger game in the broadcast booth when suddenly a fall ball broke the glass in the broadcast booth. Amid the may lay and the undoubted sharded glass he was able to catch and secure the baseball. Yeah, probably not. Back to "Big Fish". The movie was kind of cool the way the stories helped this man deal with his life. It was like he had wild fantasy's but instead of just dreaming about them he would tell them as true stories to others. I don't know for sure if he really believed them or not.

Ayden is doing well. We recently got some Reflux medicine for her and it seems to be helping. If you look at the photo album there are some new pictures of her. Sorry they are all in the same swing and in the same seat, but when she starts doing something new we will have different pictures.

I wanted to poll my audience. Would you rather go through life getting by financially, never having an abundance but just enough to pay the bills, or would you rather live in relative hardship for 3 years but after those 3 years never worry about finances again? What do you guys thinks. Leave your comments. Take care.

10 comments:

Chris said...

Looking good. You are definitely bringing sexy back.

As for your poll, I would rather have it rough for 3 years, and then be worry free. I hate bills. I hate thinking about bills. I hate forgetting about bills. I even hate people named Bill.

Jolley Family said...

Well, considering I have been married for 5 years this month, and poor the whole time (living off student loans and at the government's mercy) and definately will be for a year and a half more hoping that one day it will all pay off I suppose I have already made my choice. I will have some money one day, right? Let's hope.

Jolley Family said...

Hey what medicine did they put Ayden on? Keira was on Zantac for the first 6 months of her life. It seemed to help. But, don't worry they really DO grow out of it around 6 months.

Anonymous said...

i would take 3 years of tough times, but it would be hard considering my life so far because i have never had to worry about that stuff yet.

Sarah said...

3 years? Thats not bad, we will be going at least 8. It is for sure fun to be poor (for now), life is so much more interesting that way.

Scott Blog said...

Thanks for weighing in with your thoughts. I tend to agree with those thoughts as well. As far as the medicine is concerned Ang I am going to have to get back to you on that one.

Anonymous said...

dont look now but the rangers are actually playing good.

Anonymous said...

shocker that we star winning when tex goes on the dl.

Josh Smith said...

I hate you.

Sincerely,
Jeff


Anyway, I thought I'd say hi. As to your poll, I'd rather have it rough for 3 years. Been there done that. Now where's my money?

Scott Blog said...

Josh,

I put your money in a beachball on your front lawn.