Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Thoughts over John

Tell me, am I the only one in the world to notice the curious configuration of public restrooms. Specifically the toilets. Often as I am sitting on the porcelain I feel the toilet give way a little bit. I am speaking about the toilets that are bolted to the wall and don’t actually contact the ground. Then at other times I feel the toilet actually rise up a little bit. It is a weird phenomenon. Here is my theory. On the other side of the wall, in the ladies restroom, there is a toilet that is actually attached/bolted to the very one I am sitting on. So when I am sitting on one all is good and level. But then some gal in the ladies restroom comes and sits on the toilet and I get that sea-saw sensation. I got to believe that when a girl is sitting on the toilet in the ladies room and I sit on the adjacent toilet in the men’s room she suddenly flies up in the air because my weight sends her flying thru the air, when she eventually lands she is probably using the toilet at a 45 degree angle because of course I weigh more than she does. Then when I get of the toilet first, it sends her sprawling toward the floor like a person would when a fat guy suddenly jumps of the sea-saw, sending the little person plummeting toward earth at 2000 feet per second. Just an interesting observation.

4 comments:

Chris said...

I've never noticed. I make it a point to sit on toilets in public restrooms as little as possible.

Chris said...

Hey. To answer your question on my blog, I didn't run the 10K. Kim finished in about 1 hour 16 minutes. The best time of the day out of our group was our sister in law Annie. I think she finished in 55 minutes.

Scott Blog said...

Yeah it is not my ideal situation to have to use the public restroom but, at work it is tough to avoid at times.

Anonymous said...

Well, when your on the john as much as you are then things tend to happen.