Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Mother and Wife = Mess Cleaner-upper

I went to check on Ayden this morning, and this is what I found...














There's a video of her in our photo album! Ever since she started moving, I go from place to place cleaning up her messes!
Being a seven year old boy, Asher leaves messes everywhere too. He usually leaves a trail of crumbs wherever he eats! This is his room at the moment...














At least with him, I just have to tell him (most of the time!) to clean up after himself. He doesn't think it's fair that Ayden doesn't have clean up after herself. I don't either! I tried to have Ayden sit in my lap while I put all the diapers away. She didn't really like that!
With Jeremy, I usually end up throwing wrappers away from the night before. It's funny because they are only a few feet from the garbage can. And part of his closet extends out into our bedroom.
For me, Jeremy will tell you I am one of the messiest cooks, which is true! I am also guilty of using our room as a second closet. (Why is it so hard to hang up your clothes?) I told Asher one day that he only has to clean up after himself, me...I clean up after everyone! But that's part of being a mom and wife. In a strange way, it makes me feel like I'm doing my job. Keeping everything clean = being a good wife and mother. Is that weird?

7 comments:

Sarah said...

I don't know why its so hard to hang clothes up but I have a huge problem doing it! The mess never ends around here, but you are right, thats our job so we might as well do it well!

Cindy said...

Hi, Tina! It was so fun to hear from you. Your little girl is too cute! How are you guys doing? We moved back to Tyler about 6 weeks ago. If you'd like to e-mail me, feel free to cindybennett99 at hotmail.com

Emily said...

Hey Tina-- Do you remember me from the MK3rd ward?

Your daughter is a doll! Looks like you guys are doing great!

Amy said...

Sounds like me, except cleaning up after someone that you aren't married to or your kids sucks even more. I don't mind but it does make me feel like I'm doing my job. Ayden looks cute in that pic, like she just got caught doin something she knows she's not supposed to!

Scott Blog said...

Husband and Father = ATM Machine

You ladies know what I'm talking about. Enough said.

Although this doesn't really apply to Tina, she is good with money, she spends very little compared to most women.

Jeremy

Josh Smith said...

Is that a BYU pennant I see on Asher's wall? If so, I'm glad to see you are raising him right.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.