Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Ayden's First Birthday

So we celebrated Ayden's birthday last week. She got two parties! We had a family party on her actual birthday, which was Wednesday, May 7th. I made cupcakes and she opened her first birthday present.














Ayden likes to splash water, even in Homer's water bowl, so we thought she might enjoy this pool! She had a lot of fun in it! Of course, as soon as I put her in the pool she peed!
I was really surprised that Ayden ate her cake so cleanly. Both times she only had frosting on her hands and face, and then some crumbs in her lap! I thought I would be giving a her a bath each time.














I decided to go with a butterfly cake this year. I made two because I thought we'd need the cake. I made the frosting and it was really good. Jeremy even said it tasted like buttercream only better! (I LOVE when people like my food.)














Here's Jeremy helping Ayden open her presents. She was very interested in playing with the tissue paper! But she also liked her presents!
I can't believe a year has gone by. Everyone always says kids grow up fast, and they do! Ayden is a wonderful, sweet little girl and I am thankful to be her mother! I'd also like to give a shout out to Asher! (just kidding) He is a good, and sweet boy and we are happy to have him in our home living with us!














Asher asked me to delete this picture, but I couldn't. It's just too funny! And now it's up for everyone to see!
I'd like to also thank Jeremy (this is starting to sound like a Oscar speech!). He made Mother's Day very special for me! He made me breakfast and dinner! I also appreciate all the hard work he does, and the hours he worries about us, and the effort he puts into being a good father and husband.
Here's a little video of Ayden to enjoy! She loves playing with our cell phones, so Jeremy got her a phone to play with!

5 comments:

Amy said...

Ahh Tina I love the curtains in the kitchen, they look really good! That is a cute pic of Ayden opening her present. And a really funny one of Asher, tell him I said to keep the dorkiness coming! lol...Well I am really bummed that we couldn't be there for the party. It looks like you guys had a ton of fun. Wow Ayden is walking so good I can't believe it. Wish I could've had a piece of that cake!

Scott Blog said...

The cake was great. Tina is a great little cake maker and she has the certificate to prove it. She flatters me with her words about me. She is the best.

Jeremy

Cindy said...

Tina, those cakes are too cute!

Sarah said...

Love the cakes, way to go! Sorry we didnt get a card to Ayden, I actually thought about her on her birthday and remembered that she was turning one, i just didn't get to the post office. I am glad you had a wonderful party, she is getting so big!! We need to see y'all again, you should come to wyoming this summer, it will be a party!

Emily said...

I love the butterfly cakes!!