Saturday, May 24, 2008

Field Day!

Do you remember field day when you were in elementary school?
Asher's Field day was this past Friday! He had a whole cheering section show up with Me, Jeremy, Ayden, Grandma, Grandpa Dave, and Poppy.














This is Asher when he was doing the obstacle course. He was so fast, he caught up to the kid that was in front of him! He really is fast! He still tells the story of how he raced all the grown-ups at Jeremy's parents house and won. Wonder how that happened? :) He and I had made little trophies out of plastic cups and painted them yellow. He was excited to win the trophy! And guess who got second?!?














Each kid was timed to see how fast they could run around the bases. Asher again was pretty fast. I don't know the offical time! Asher's guess was maybe 15 or 25 seconds!














Ayden also had alot of fun running around! She loves watching all those kids and trying to keep up with them. We had to leave a little early because she was getting grumpy. It was really hot out there, and there was hardly any shade! One good thing is my legs aren't so white anymore!
I felt like a real loser when I went to go get something to eat. Apparently they only served the food at a certain time. So they pulled out a couple of hot dogs and opened a new bag of chips just for me! The lunch lady was really nice and trying to keep the conversation going while I sat there like a dork! Oh well! That's another memory I'll have from Field Day!

2 comments:

Cindy said...

The children always seem to look forward to their field days. Glad he had fun!

Amy said...

Awesome job Asher! And Ayden looks so cute in her shoes and little hat! How fun. I remember having field days but can't remember what we did. I didn't win anything like Asher, I guess I'm just not as fast as he is! lol...Have a great memorial day and Happy Birthday to Jeremy!