Friday, June 20, 2008

No boys allowed!

This week Ayden and I were able to visit my sister Amy with my mom and Sarah. It was alot of fun! I wasn't ready to come back home!















Here we all are! We did alot of shopping. In fact, we were all shopped out after the second day. When I was in high school, I used to go shopping at the mall every weekend, but now I can only take so much. I'd probably do it more if I could find cute things at the price I want! (I love finding bargains.) I finally found Ayden a nice pair of sandals. Payless was having a buy one get one half off sale, so I had to get me a pair of flip flops!
We only went out to eat one time at TGIFridays. I have been wanting to see and taste something from their cheap menu. Their parmesan chicken dish is delicious! The balloon lady there saw Ayden and came over to make her a balloon.














It's a heart with a bear around it. Very cute! I should have given her a tip, but I thought I only had change. I would feel even worse if I only gave her 50 cents. It was funny because her tip jar suggested a tip of $2,345.45 or something like that :) I'd like that tip too!
We also watched a couple of girly movies. There just happened to be the same actor in both movies! I guess I can add an underrated movie to my list...Step Up! I don't know why, but I really like that movie. I always have a hard time not dancing around while watching it!
Amy and I also made some picture matte things to go around the Living Christ. It turned out really good.














The last day we were there, we went swimming at one of the base pools. It brought back alot of memories of when my mom use to take us when we lived on base. They still have adult swim! For those who don't know, about every 15 min. they have the kids get out of the pool so the adults can swim laps or whatever they want! As a kid you don't like it, but now that I'm an adult, it was great! Before we left, Amy made Ayden a cute hat out of the swim diaper!














Too cute! Thanks Amy for getting the pictures to me! I thought I was doing real good and had packed everything! Unfortunately, I did forget the camera. It's amazing how much stuff you need for a little girl! It's all the just-in-case stuff! Thanks to mom, Sarah, and Amy for help during feeding time and all the time! They all stood in for the highchair :) Amy also had to entertain sometimes with her awesome dance moves and singing! I also got to take a shower without keeping an eye on a baby! Not that Ayden is difficult at all. But it's just nice you know?
I'm still in the glad to be home, but wish I was still on vacation mode. It's nice to have days where you can just do whatever you want whenever you want. Don't have to clean the house, do the laundry or anything like that! Plus you can just do girl things without worrying if the guys want to! I can't wait until the next visit! Thanks for having us Amy!

6 comments:

becki said...

Hey tina, I finally found your blog! i've seen your comments on emily's, but haven't been able to get to yours.
Your daughter is beautiful and your little family is wonderful. Glad to see you are so happy.
go see my family at www.ajohnsonfamily.blogspot.com
i'll be moving into your parents ward in august!!

Sarah said...

Glad you had fun! it's so nice to have help with kids, even easy kids. I think everyone needs a little break from being a mom sometimes!

Amy said...

Tina, I'm so glad to have you guys over! So Preston thinks he'll be gone again in July, so up for a round two?

Scott Blog said...

Asher and I also had a great dude's time while the chicks were gone. We went and saw Kung Fu Panda, Skadush! It was good. We also did some swimming and had a general good time.

Jeremy

J D C and N said...

I've been meaning to post on your blog for a while! What a fun trip with the ladies in your family. It seriously is so nice to get away and do some shopping and just hang out with women! Ayden is SOOO cute! Glad you having a good summer. :)

Emily said...

I love the diaper hat!