Thursday, June 12, 2008

Birthdays, Bouts, and Babes

Last Saturday we had a little birthday celebration for my Mom!














We made pasta salads for dinner. I chose to try one called the best pasta salad. That's right, it wasn't! It's actually still sitting in our fridge! No one wants to touch it :) Ok it wasn't that bad...
I made Jeremy's famous pasta salad this time and to everyone's delight it tasted like he made it! My mom made broccoli and artichoke salads which were both delicious. My mom's favorite cake is cheesecake, so I made one from scratch. I have the clueless baker cookbook and most every recipe I've tried has been really good. I made the cheesecake, and it turned out really good! Thanks Clueless Baker :) After we ate, it was off to the pool. The boys played and the girls chased after Ayden! She goes non stop, and she prefers to walk around the swimming pool then being in it. It was nice to have family over. I hope your birthday was wonderful mom! I love you!
I was a little disappointed that Josef, Jenny, and Sofia couldn't come. Ayden caught hand, foot, and mouth disease! Yikes! It sounds awful, but it's actually just a little viral infection. After almost week of total grumpiness and screaming and crying, Jeremy told me to take her to the doctor to see if he knew what was wrong. I tried to rack my brain trying to think of all the things that happened and could possibly be wrong. I don't know about you, but I tend to ramble when I'm trying to explain what's wrong. I have no idea what details are important to the doctor, so I tell them everything! I've even had an optometrist tell me to be quiet! (I didn't go to him anymore!) Anyway, he said Ayden looked like she was nearing the end of the infection and just to give Tylenol if she was gruumpy. I felt really bad! With this disease the baby's mouth gets painful and sore from little blisters inside. I was putting salt in her food (like normal), and almost forcing her to eat her food. I felt so bad! I wish I would have known what was wrong sooner, so I could have alleviated the pain! I still feel horrible! Thankfully Ayden is pretty much back to normal now! Here's a picture of her in her Elmo chair.














I finally got to watch the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants! My mother-in-law took Asher out for the day, Ayden was sleeping, and Jeremy was working. It was the perfect time for me to watch my girl movie! Jeremy will not watch it with me! I thought it was very good! I was thinking it would be more teenage girl type stuff, which was in the movie, but they also all learned important lessons. So anyway, I really liked it! If anyone has any suggestions of other I should watch, I would love to hear them!

5 comments:

Scott Blog said...

The pasta salad you made babe was not too bad. Not your fault, just an ok recipe. Your cheesecake was very nice. Your crepes are the best. Most guys would like to punch me in the face when I tell them I have watched some chick flicks. But I would have to punch myself in the face if I watched the traveling pants. A man has got to draw the line somewhere or else I mine as well start wearing a bra. Oh wait I already do. J/K It is called a Manzeer.

Jeremy

Amy said...

Does Jeremy actually wear a manzeer? I've never heard of that. Well I am sorry I couldn't have some of Jeremy's pasta salad. I love that stuff! I can't wait to see you guys next week, I really don't have anything planned so hopefully you guys don't think its too boring. Well I can't think of any other movies that are like the traveling pants but they are coming out with a number 2! I can't wait to see it!

Cindy said...

Glad Ayden is feeling better but don't beat yourself up so bad! I think every Mom goes thru that. I know I did when Miranda was about that age and had ear infections. She would act normal otherwise so it was really hard to pinpoint what truly was wrong.

Did you know they are coming out with a sequel of the Sisterhood of the Pants?! It is going to pick up from the fourth book. I'm not sure when it is supposed to come out but all the same girls will be in it. (oh wait...just read the post above mine..lol)

As for other girl movies, you can't go wrong with Steel Magnolias. Speaking of rambling, I'm doing that now.... :)

Sarah Hastings said...

Tell Jeremy I prefer the word bro to manzeer, and all men will be wearing in them in the near future. Can I get your pasta salad recipes? I have never really made pasta salad and would love to add it to the menu, I am always looking for something to spice life up a bit. Don't feel bad about Ayden, every mom does that. Hand, foot, and mouth, is hard to spot anyway. When Anna had it she got these little welts all over her feet and I thought they were bug bites so I didn't really think anything of it, so I took her to this huge play group to play with all these other kids. By the time I got home the welts had spread to her hands and I was starting to get the idea that maybe they weren't bug bites, I felt really bad when I found it was hand foot and mouth because it is highly contageous and I totally exposed her to all those kids. Oh well, what do you do. Glad she is feeling better now though.

Emily said...

OK-- I just put two and two together with who your parents are.

duh.

I feel like a dork now.

Anyway, your cheesecake sounds so yummy, I need to make one, Jeff and I bought a way overpriced slice of cheesecake at the cheesecake factory and while it was good, it hurt! ($8) yikes!