Monday, September 17, 2007

End of week 15


Well yet another week in life has come and gone. All is well in the world. In weight loss news I weighed in this morning at 234.4 lbs. Last week I weighed in at 237.2 lbs, so I lost 2.8 lbs this past week. I told Tina today that I am only about 17 lbs heavier now than when her and I met, so I am getting done there. I was 217 lbs when Tina and I met. I haven't been that low for 5 years now and about 5 years before that. Ayden is doing really well. I have posted a bunch of pictures of here and stuff on the photo album since we didn't put any up there last week. I took some lessons from Rocky Balboa when we watched it the other night. It was a pretty good movie. The part where he is talking with his son and telling him about life and how it hits you and hits you and you either keep going or you fall down. I know there have been times and things in my life that have almost made me stay down and not get back up. But I have a wonderful wife and son and daughter and they encourage me and keep me going.

Even though professionally I feel like a failure, I feel successful in my family life. I feel like I am a good husband and father. I just don't know if those things are enough for me, I know they should be and I am happy about those things, but being unhappy for 2000 hours a year is depressing to me. I always expected way more out of myself. Maybe that is because I am competitive and never envisioned being at the bottom of the economic food chain. But at the same time money only matters to me to the extent we have enough. I want to enjoy my work or more directly put I need to enjoy my work. I have an odd personality type and the types of jobs I could do and be successful I would most likely never enjoy. In other news Ayden is doing very well. She is just so cute and makes me smile every time I look at here. Tina is a wonderful mom and takes very good care of her. Here are a few pictures of me and make sure to check out the photo album. There are a couple of new videos up there of Ayden as well. Me and Chris's fantasy football team sucks right now.

2 comments:

Chris said...

Wow. You are starting to motivate me to get back on track. I am 20 pounds heavier than mission weight right now.

Anonymous said...

You are correct. You and Chris's fantasy team is horrible. Looks like ownership is completly responsible.