Monday, August 6, 2007

End of week 9


Well another week has come and gone. My pursuit of looking like a Greek God is still ongoing. I have some work to do but I am making progress. I believe I came into this week weighing 247.7 lb's. When I weighed in this morning I weighed in at 246.6 lb's. So a weight loss of 1.1 lb's. Which is below the weekly goal but is progress. I think that amount of weight loss dawns in comparison to how many inches I am loosing of my waist. My suit pants this week have never been looser. I have gone from using the very last belt loop on my belt to now using the 4th from the last. So I know I have lost considerable inches. I am feeling good having lost a total of exactly 30 lb's in 9 weeks.

We had a great visit with Asher over the 5 weeks he was here. He is a sweet boy with a kind heart. I so much want him to be a good person and make good decisions in his life.

We got the pleasure of blessing Ayden in church yesterday. It was a special day, the family that was able to come was there. We wish everyone could have made it but certainly the distance is rather prohibitive for many of you. But it was a special day. She looked so beautiful in her little dress. There will pictures up tonight of her in that dress in the photo album. She really has been a blessing in our lives. She has the cutest little smile which just melts my heart and cheers me up when I am down.

I really struggle in this world. It seems the world revolves around business and I could not be a worse fit for business and corporations. Let me list the top 10 reasons why I can never succeed in business.

1)I don't like other people telling me what to do if I deem them to be unqualified to do so.
2)I hate the policies companies use that don't make sense from any standpoint.
3)Instead of paying people what they are worth they pay them as little as they can get away with.
4)They are close minded. They have no desire to listen to what their employees have to say.
5)They don't like to be questioned or second guessed.
6)They do not hold themselves accountable for their own stupid decisions.
7)Managers fire their employees to protect their own jobs, even if those employees are capable.
8)Companies promote butt kissers who are incompetent.
9)They fire good workers who perhaps struggle on some projects instead of moving them to a place where they can excel again. (My company fired 5 people today. All working on a huge project. They were good at their jobs which is why they were put on the project in the first place. They will loose all of their stock options they have been sitting on for years. They had been putting in 12 hour days and this is what they have to show for it.)
10)It is all about the bottom line and the stock price. Little else matters. Don't ever buy that they care about you or your family. The minute you couldn't produce you would be out the door regardless of circumstance or reason.
11)I wont treat anyone different than I treat anyone else. In other words the COO I treat the same as my friends. The President of the company gets the same treatment from me. I am not going to throw him a party, email him when he is sick or kiss his behind, unless I would do that to everyone else. They are no more important to me than anyone else. They will get no more respect from me than does anyone else. Respect and Trust have to be earned from me. They don't get it based on title or status.


Those are just a few of my thoughts. I will never advance in business. As you can imagine my views in business are not appreciated. Anyway I hope you are all doing well. I struggle everyday with my career. I truly dislike what I do professionally, but am very blessed to have a wonderful family outside of my career.

2 comments:

Chris said...

I'm telling you...you need to come and work with me.

I never got an email about fantasy football, but I will do my research. Kim gave me the green light to join you again.

Good job on the weight loss. I loved having to go and buy a new suit when mine was too big. I'm back on the diet again too. I gained 3 pounds while I was in Georgia. I'm not as brave as you to post topless pictures of myself.

Scott Blog said...

Yours couldnt possibly be as bad as mine. It really helps motivate me though. I wish I could come work with you. Tina just wants to stay close to family right now. It would be great working with you.