Monday, August 27, 2007

End of week 12

Well I have finally completed the elusive 3 month mark. It should be no surprise to those of you who knew I was going backpacking in the mountains of Wyoming that I lost a few pounds. In the 3 days we spent in the mountains I walked an estimated 20 miles. For me that is a lot, especially uphill, in rocky terrain and at 10,000 feet of elevation compared to my normal 700 feet. I did pretty well all things considered. The first day I was fine. The second day I was walking all over the several different lakes without a backpack and for some reason thought I was going to die. I simply had no energy. Then the hike out was not to bad. I caught 8 fish. The fishing wasn't bad, they were just smaller then we would have preferred. But it was real nice to get back up in the mountains. It was a beautiful place and the weather was great, except for our first night up there, where I was told the temperature got down to 20 degrees. I had left my socks outside the tent that evening and in the morning the socks were able to stand up by themselves. I was sleeping in my sister Emma's sleeping bag, so it wasn't big enough for me so the first night was kind of cold. Other than that we saw some deer, but no bears or elk or moose. It was a fun trip but very tiring. It is good to be back home with the wife and kiddo. So I lost 5.4 lb's this past week bringing my 12 week total to 37.4 lb's lost. I am pleased with the results and progress at this point. It is nice to have the clothes fitting better these days. Well school starts today and I am off to buy my books. I will get pictures of me up today and hopefully some of Ayden and the mountains. It just depends on how quick I can get Travis to send me the pictures he took. Take care.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I am glad you had a good time, mom said that you looked great! Good luck with school!

Chris said...

Where are the pictures you sexy beast? I can't wait much longer.