Monday, July 23, 2007

End of week 7



It was a pretty tiring week. I am not sure why. My weight loss continues. This blog has been the best thing to happen to my health so far. It provides a way for some accountability of my health. I weighed in this morning at 249.2 lb's. That equals a 5.2 lb weight loss this past week. So after 7 complete weeks of eating healthy and occasionally working out I have lost 27.4 lb's. Not to bad. I am still on my goal of loosing 3 lb's a week. So needless to say I was pleased. I am accustomed to eating to way I eat now. It doesn't seem like a diet anymore. It is just how I eat.

In other news Tina and I went on another date this past weekend. This time we went and saw "I now pronounce you Chuck and Larry". It was pretty good, probably not quite as good as I hoped it would be but we liked it. Sure you have to endure many, many, innuendo's and a lot of straight forward raunchiness but Sandler generally has a way to end with a positive message in his movies. I love Kevin James. For a while I think I was trying to be him. I am big like him, I love to eat. He worked for IPS on his show "The King of Queens", I worked for UPS. He was a sports fan and I am a sports fan. He had a hot wife and I have a hot wife. His wife in real life is of Asian decent mine is of German decent. You see the similarities are scary.... Anyway if you can handle Sandler's humor you will probably like this movie. Meanwhile I purchased the new Harry Potter book and have been trying to read it as quickly as I can. I am not disclosing any information on the book as of yet. I will give a full book report on it in a couple of weeks.



Ayden and Asher are doing well. Asher made a friend at church that is coming over to play today. I am glad he is going to have a friend to play with. Ayden is doing good as always. We loaded about 20 pictures yesterday up on the photo album. We have some of her in baby sunglasses, they are pretty cool. We took Ayden swimming the other day, but we couldn't find a hat for her head, so I told Tina to just gob sunblock on her head. She did that and all was well. Except now we are having trouble getting the sunblock of her head. We have tried wiping it of, we have tried giving her a bath with soap and it still doesn't come of. She looks like the baby of that boy "Powder" from the movie. I am going to be going fishing in Wyoming about a month from now. I am so looking forward to that. I have very much missed the mountains and good fishing. Tina and I have spent hours fishing at various lakes in Texas only to catch nothing. I am excited to actually catch fish.

Thanks for taking the poll. It looks like most of you see in some type of teaching capacity either as a high school teacher and a coach or as a professor. That is cool because I am going to do just that. I am not going to coach, at least not for pay. I am sure at some point I will coach little league but I am not going to coach for a living. I am going to teach but not in high school. I have been accepted into a PhD program that starts in about 3 weeks. I am excited about it, it is one of the few subjects I have ever had interest in. All other majors or subjects I have pursued in the past have been monetary based. This is not monetary based. Sure I hope to make a good living at some point, but I have legitimate interest in the field. Peace out. Sorry I didn't get the pictures up last week. I will get some out there tonight of me. You should start to see a difference in me now.

6 comments:

Jolley Family said...

What subject is the PHD in? How long will it take? Do you have to get a masters first or concurrently? Good luck.

Jolley Family said...

great job on the weight loss!

Anonymous said...

I don't know how disappointed we really were that you didn't get the pictures up last week. :) nice to see the jump in weight loss, i am sure it is a good motivating factor.

Sarah said...

That is awesome, tell us more about the PhD, you will do so good at that.

Chris said...

Looking good. I'll wave to you as I fly over Texas tomorrow. We're going down to see my dad in Georgia.

Scott Blog said...

To answer some of the comments I am going to be studying Criminology. I will do a blog on it in the future.