Sunday, March 2, 2008

Greetings



Man I enjoy watching SpongeBob with Asher. I just heard a vocal exchange between SpongeBob and Plankton. SpongeBob said, "You can't have that crabby patty Plankton, its for the customer." To which Plankton replied, "Customer? Why I'll boil the customer in hot oil..." Plankton is truly funny on that show. The Scott family for the past few days have all been added to the disabled list (for my women readers this is a sports term). Tina is out with a cold/flu. She has had a sore throat, body ache, cough, etc... Asher has had a cough for the past couple of days. I woke up with a headache and Ayden is teething. Other than that we are doing great.

Ayden's front teeth are coming in now. You can just see her right front tooth about to poke through the gum. We think it has been contributing to her evening grumpiness. She continues to struggle trying to pull herself up. She usually ends up busting her face on something. She is almost totally of the boob now. I think she only boob feeds once or maybe twice a day now. It is fun to watch her crawl all over the place. Thank heaven for little girls.

Asher continues to do well in school. His highest grade right now is in science which is also his favorite subject. He went to a kids b-day party the other night at a game center and had lots of fun. He has met some of the other neighbor kids and has started to play basketball with them next door. Baseball is coming up in April and he is getting excited for that.

Tina is sick as I mentioned above. But other than that she is doing well.

Meanwhile, the store has opened. Last you heard from me I had 3 job possibilities. It turns out I chose the one I had from the very beginning. I was offered the library job at CCCCD. I was invited to interview for a library job with the City of Little Elm, o I could substitute teach. After weighing all of my present options I decided to keep the full time Market Street job and the benefits that come with it. The store opened this past Friday to a abundant crowd. I got to the store at 8am. After placing some grated Grana Pandana on a display section I was returning to my cheese section when I looked up and saw a person that looked familiar. This was a person I have seen on TV hundreds of times. This person was the great, 3 time Super Bowl champion and Hall of Famer, Troy Aikman. He was talking to someone but as I walked by him I said, "Holy smokes its Troy Aikman" and I patted him on the back as I walked by. Needless to say we are now best buddies. I worked a 10 hour day that day, hard work but lots of fun. The store was packed to the max. I got to meet one of the co-owners of the company. He seems like a very good person and I can tell that the feel of family that permeates throughout the company comes from him. I am learning my cheeses these days, so if any of you have any questions about cheese then holler at me. We have 300 different cheeses in the store. I have tried many of them and have learned a lot about them so far. I am currently reading a book about cheese to better familiarize myself with the many, many cheeses of the world. It is really quite interesting. I won't get the results of my teaching social studies test until the 14th of March. I don't expect it will be a good result. I studies a good amount but evidently didn't study the right stuff because I guessed on almost every answer choice. So if HF wants me to teach he would have to have blessed me with a lot of help. I will let you know when I know. Please, take the poll to the right.

"F is for fire that burns down the whole town, U is for uranium, bomb, N is for no survivors."

- Plankton

1 comment:

Amy said...

Hey Jer sounds like you're enjoying your job, that is great! I love the pic of Ayden and Asher its so cute!