Friday, February 15, 2008

Happy Valentines Day to you and yours.



All is well in the Scott domicile these days. Asher is doing well in school. He recently got an award at school called the Rucker Rocks award. It goes to students who help make the school a better place by treating people nice and making good grades. Asher is making friends church and school and is a very good boy. We got to see the Chipmunk movie the other day. Asher liked it and so did Tina and I. It was a pretty good movie. We have been watching some of the old Star Trek movies since Asher is so interested in Astronomy. He is enjoying them. So far he has only seen "Star Trek:Insurrection" but he wants to see some of the others. Baseball season is coming up in April and he is excited to play.

Ayden is crawling all over the place now. She has pretty much got the crawling thing down and is ready to start pulling herself up on objects and walking. She tries to pull herself up but hasn't quite mastered the technique. She usually ends up slipping and hitting her face on something. I just laugh and laugh. J/K! She is nearly weaned off the boob now (sorry I am not a p.c. guy). She can say "Momma" and "Dadda" now and that is about it, but that doesn't stop her from gibber jabbering nonstop. I tell Tina she gets that from her, but we all know it is from me.

In other news I was very sad to hear the news that Postum is no longer in production. After many decades it has been discontinued due to lack of demand. So I have made the shift to really the only other naturally decaffeinated coffee like drink, Pero. It was hard to find. I like it, but Postum is my preference.

It is kind of weird. I went about 27 years of my life really never reading a book except church books. In fact the only book I remember reading growing up was a few Jack London books. My favorite was "White Fang". I had trouble finding books that could hold my attention. After getting into the Harry Potter books a few years ago it has really opened up a love of reading for me. Since then my brother and dad have introduced me to several Fantasy writers and I have really enjoyed them. I now have a line of about 10 books I am looking forward to reading. If any of you have any suggestions for books you have read please let me know about them in the comments section. In job news, I didn't get the Tech job but that was good because I have been there and done that and I didn't want to go back to it. I did get the part time Library job at Collin College so that was nice. I was also hired at Market Street a few weeks back and have done some training with them over the past couple of weeks. Market Street is really the first company I have experienced that did things right in my opinion. They treat people right, they promote from within and are friendly and kind. I am going to try and work there part time in addition to the library. Also I have been trying to substitute teach in a very large district and couldn't figure out why there was no jobs. Well after talking to the district they had messed up my login so I couldn't see any jobs. Well they fixed it, so now there are tons of jobs out there. So I am going to try and do all 3 of these jobs in addition to my 6 credit online graduate hours. I take my Social Studies exam one week from tomorrow. If I pass it I will be qualified to teach Economics, Government, History, Civics, etc.. in grades 7 -12. If I don't pass it my plans might possibly be delayed by quite a bit. So I need to pass it the first time. My knee is still screwed up. I have had an X-ray, I have had it checked out by a orthopedic surgeon and tonight I am getting an MRI on it. Problem is I don't have insurance so if surgery is required I might have to wait a while to get it fixed. It has been jacked up now for almost 2 months. It is a little depressing because I would like to be playing softball and basketball for the church and the city. Also I can't go out and play with Asher very much.

Tina is doing great as always. She is loving being a mom and is very good at it. She and I went to Red Lobster for Valentines day. I don't really know what else to say about Tina. She always makes fun of me because I never write much about her. But I don't know what to say about her, she is just great.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Jeremy, Preston said that you should read the Shannara books. We've got about 20 of them we can bring them up next weekend when we come.
That video of Ayden cracks me up! Yah you never write much about Tina I've noticed. But not much to say I guess since she is just so amazing! I hope your knee can get figured out and hope you don't need surgery. Asher looks like he had chicken pox in his Valentine's picture!
Well, glad to hear about the job situation, that is great! See you guys soon!

Scott Blog said...

I am actually reading a Shannara book right now, so I am familiar with those. But this is the first one I have started to read and I have about 4 other ones waiting in the wings. If he wants to bring them and have me pick through them then that would be cool.