Friday, March 7, 2008

Happy 5th Anniversary!!!

After waiting for many, many months for my divorce from a completely miserable, nightmarish marriage to come to an end I decided to attend the local institute in McKinney. My sister Sarah had been going to it and I had asked her on a few occasions about the local "talent" at the female position. I remember her telling me about this one girl that was cute and sweet. Sarah never officially introduced me to her so I never knew which girl she was referring to when I attended institute. There were a few cute girls at institute, three for sure that had some interest in me but known of those three I had any interest in. One evening I decided to attend a young singles activity in Frisco at a sand volleyball court. I attended with a couple of friends who were girls. During that evening I got to throw the football for a few minutes with a delightful young woman named Tina. I had seen her around and I knew she was dating someone. I found her personality appealing and she was cute. Over the next several months I watched her and talked with her when I could. I went with my friends and her and her boyfriend to the Renaissance Fair where I watched her some more (I have pictures with my spy equipment to prove it! J/K). I watched her at the dances. Over that period of time I had spoken with my friends about her on several occasions. They were good friends with Tina so they knew a little about her. They and others had given me the impression that Tina and her boyfriend were for sure going to get married, it was just a matter of time. I don't remember the exact moment I knew Tina and I would be a perfect couple, but it was not very long after I first met her. After a few months passed since I first met her and knowing she and I would be absolutely perfect for each other, I decided I better let her know I was out there and interested in her when/if she became available. So one day after an activity I told her exactly that. I wanted to plant a seed. I wanted to let her know there was a better option out there. I think it was only a few weeks after I told her I was interested in her that she and her boyfriend broke up. The underlying story of all of this stuff going on was my two friends who were girls, who were part of the 3 girls that liked me in the beginning wanted me for themselves. So they were feeding me bad information. When Tina and her boyfriend broke up they kept it from me because they knew I liked her. They pressured Tina not to date me because they liked me. I on several occasions made it clear to my two friends that we were only that and nothing ever more, but they still schemed and planned all the while. My first "date" with Tina was a trip to the local golf driving range. It was on the eve of my sister Angela's wedding reception. We had a real good time hitting golf balls, neither of us was very good at it though, but we had nice, natural conversation and I think an instant comfort level. We had never been alone before, so we never really had the freedom to speak freely together. At each table for Ang's reception there was a vase that had a beta fish in it. I remembered from our first date her telling me she liked animals and stuff. So I grabbed one of them and took it out to her house the next day. After that I asked her on a real official date and I think we went ice skating at the Frisco mall where we both fell on our butt's once or twice. A day or so after that I received a voice message from Tina saying she couldn't date me because her friend (and my friend) liked me and didn't want her to date me. Well we got through all that soap opera bs and the rest is history. I just thought I would tell the story for those of you who have never heard it before. I knew Tina and I were perfect for each other shortly after we met. I then spent the next 4 months trying to convince Tina of that fact. The truth is Heavenly Father answered my prayers and blessed me with the sweet after going through so very very much of the bitter in my previous marriage. She is a blessing and we will be together for ever. After knowing each other for 6 years and being married for 5 of those we have still never raised our voices to each other. We are truly happy and blessed to be together. I love her very much.

In other news I am still working at Market Street and really loving every minute of it. I like this job more than any job I have ever had. I am happier with this company than any company I can ever imagine. I will get the results of my school teacher test I think in one week. I don't think I am going to pass the test, but who knows. I do know I enjoy this job and have a lot of opportunities with this company.

Tina is getting better from her sickness. We are going out tomorrow to celebrate our anniversary since I work this evening. Ayden and Asher are doing well. I think maybe for the first time I can remember, it snowed twice in Texas in one Winter where I live. Asher and I played out in the snow last night for about 30 minutes. We were having a snow ball fight, then we made a little snow man. There was probably 6 inches of snow in our backyard which is a lot for Texas. I have included all those pictures either on this blog or on the photo album. It was a lot of fun and really cool to see.

For those of you who took the poll question on the blog from the last post that answered Manchego, you were correct. Manchego is a Spanish cheese made from Ewe's milk.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Congrats on your anniversary! I always knew y'all would be perfect together (even if I didn't help much), I am glad it all worked out in the end. Y'all are great, have a wonderful anniversary!

Amy said...

Happy Anniversary! Well I was happy you stepped in and told Tina that you wanted to date her once she broke up with that other looser! :-) I still remember the phone call and talkin to her later. Thanks for plantin the seed so I wouldn't have to have a retard for a brother in law!

Jolley Family said...

Happy Anniversary! What is the deal with that poll. Those are kind of weird questions. I guess if I was fat, rich, and happy I could always hire people to make me skinny. Then, I would have it all. J/K

Sarah Bookout said she saw you at market street. I am suprised you guys recognized eachother. Anyway, I guess that is the new hangout in Allen. Just ask your buddy Troy.

Scott Blog said...

Yeah I have seen Sarah a few times there now. She looked good and pretty much the same minus the big belly. I see a few old people from the Allen wards there. I don't know if you remember the Trion's but they have a son that works next to me. It is a nice place. Yeah I just tried to come up with a poll that would be tough to choose, but so far, everyone has elected the same thing.