Saturday, March 15, 2008

I PASSED!!!!!!

I am reminded of the scene in Legally Blonde when El Woods was walking up to the posted list of those who were chosen for the prestigious legal internship. Upon seeing her name on that very small list of names she shouted,


"ME!"


That is the way I felt yesterday after finding out I passed the teachers exam. I wish I could say I knew I would pass it or it was easy and stuff. The truth is I was shocked. I had no business passing that exam. I wasn't positive I had one answer right until I reached a question somewhere in the 80's. Prior to the exam I had asked/told Heavenly Father that if this was the way I was supposed to go in life then please help me pass this test. I know without a doubt, without His help I would have never passed this test. I can now start looking for a teaching job and go to all of the job fairs. I broke down in tears when I saw that I has passed I think for a couple of reasons. Those who know me know I have struggled with the decision of what I should do professionally for that last 11 years. It was a decision that haunted me daily and I never could seem to get a confirmation from above on the matter. It has been a constant source of frustration for me. So getting such a straight up confirmation of my direction and as I see it purpose for my career was special to me. The other reason was because it was semi-miraculous. I am not humble when it comes to taking tests. I am not the smartest person in the world and and I am not the dumbest. But I am good at taking tests and I like taking them. I like analyzing them and seeing if I can break them down. I did do some deduction while taking the teaching test but honestly felt I had no chance of passing it because the material I studied did not help with a single question. I just wanted to let everyone know the good news.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are so proud of you sweetie!!! Thank you for all your hard work to support us :) I love you very much!

Sarah said...

Congrats Jeremy! We are so proud of you and glad that you feel good about teaching, you will make a great teacher.

Amy said...

Great job Jeremy! It is wonderful when you know exactly what you want to do and know it is the right thing! Can't wait to see where you end up teaching! Go have a celebration party! Whoo hoo!

scott.leesa said...

Way to GO!!!!... You ARE capable and smarter than you give yourself credit for. That's what I love most about prayer and H.F. Our faith in Him gives us the confidence and ability to lift ourselves to our full measure (...I don't think we always recognize what that is). We are the last ones to really understand our full potential. The Lord helps us to find it when we put our trust in Him. I am so excited for you and your future adventures in teaching.
Aunt Leesa

Chris said...

Nice work my friend. I hope you end up in a great school because that makes a huge difference.

Josh Smith said...

Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Notebook, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://notebooks-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.