Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Spitting off the Balcony




First things first. For those who took on the poll question, the correct answer was the Inland Tiapan snake. One person got it correct, if that was you, pat yourself on the back.

So let me try to get you caught up on what has been going on with us for the last two weeks.

Asher got his first report card a week ago and came home with A's and B's so we were happy with that. He is doing well in school. He was wanting to play baseball this season but decided he would rather wait till next season or perhaps play basketball. I think he just likes coming home and hanging out, which is fine.

Ayden is doing good. She is pulling up on everything and anything she can touch or grab. She is able to stand and balance herself now for about 15 seconds or so. She is starting to move around a little bit while she is holding on.

Tina is doing her normal mom thing. She has been hanging out with the kids by herself on most nights since I have been working most nights these days. She found a headboard for our bed on craigslist and bought it for $50. It is a nice heavy wood frame. It needs some sanding and staining but Tina is excited to put into application all the decorating and home improvement shows she watches on DIY and HGTV.

I have been sick for the past couple of days. I can't really talk and my ears are all pressurized so I can't really hear either. I am still at Market Street right now. Still like doing what I am doing, but the hours are wearing me out. On most days I don't get home till 7:30pm on others it is closer to 11pm. I have started the process of applying to school districts. I have applied to about 16 districts so far I believe. Most of which are relatively close to where we live. It is still a bit premature to start getting calls from them, but it shouldn't be very long.

We got a visit from my sister Sarah and her little one Anna this past weekend. Sarah was in town to attend a function and stopped by for a visit. It was nice to visit with them. I have only really seen Sarah twice in the past 4 years probably. She seems to be doing well and Ayden had a nice time staring at Anna. For those of you who don't know Sarah lives in Iowa while her husband finishes up medical school.

3 comments:

Jolley Family said...

I got the question right! Congratualtions to me!

Scott Blog said...

Congrats on getting the question right. Hey Ang, will you call Mindy Dalton and have her call me? Or just give me her number. Tina needs to find a good optometrist so I want to ask her husband about it.

Jolley Family said...

I actually don't have her number, but Brianne probably does. I can call her and get it if you want.