Sunday, September 14, 2008

Butterflies and Cookies

This is a great post for guys, isn't it?!?
Decorating is a thing I love to do! I finally put up Ayden's butterfly pictures today.














I've had these wooden plaque things from Hobby Lobby forever. I bought them because they were on sale, and I thought I could think of something to use them for. (I do this often! Do you?)














I painted them myself and they weren't exactly what I imagined, but they turned out pretty good. The wall looks a little empty around them still. I was thinking flowers on the wall somehow. Any ideas? I'm set on her room theme being butterflies :) It was going to be sun, moon, and stars at first so that I would have neutral things for the next kid, but it's more fun to make things pretty and girly!
Yesterday was dessert day for us. What better thing to do then to make a bunch of desserts on a rainy day? There were brownies, rice krispy treats, and black and white cookies!














These are Jeremy's favorite! I always make them for his birthday, father's day, or whenever he requests them! After watching the Seinfeld episode about them so many times, Jeremy really wanted to try black and white cookies. I searched everywhere to find them, calling every bakery I could think of. A place in the Frisco mall said they had them, and I was so excited to surprise Jeremy! Turns out they just had cookies with chocolate and white chips. So we searched the internet and found this recipe. They are really good! And they turn out so pretty!

6 comments:

Amy said...

You painted those? Wow Tina they look really good! I thought you bought them like that. Okay so I guess I don't know the real thing about black and white cookies, I just thought they had chocolate and white chocolate on top of the cookie. Well you'll have to fill me in!
Love you

Anonymous said...

Yummy, the cookies look so good. That's cute you took the fam to Jeremy's game. Those games are sometimes late. I'd like to take Jace to one, but he goes to bed so early.

cavamil said...

Rob really liked Seinfeld and he also loves cookies, so I imagine he would probably like these.

And yeah, going girly is so much fun. Not to mention the girls love it, too. :) All four of mine have been begging me to repaint their rooms to a more feminine pink/purple (changes from day to day). I've told them it's on my to-do list but that doesn't seem to satisfy them. I wonder why? ;)

cavamil said...

Forgot to mention that those plaques look gorgeous. Just thought you should know. :)

Michelle said...

Fun stuff! I love dessert days. My problem is that if there are a lot of desserts in the house...they usually don´t see the light of the NEXT day!

Unknown said...

Hey! those cookies look scrumptious! I need to get that recipe from you ;D