Thursday, July 3, 2008

Happy Birthday Asher!

Ok, so we really celebrated Asher's birthday last weekend, but I'm just now getting time to write about it! Friday the 28th was his real birthday, so we ate cupcakes real fast before he went to spend the night at a friends house.



















I started on the cake a few days before the party, so I wouldn't have to make it all in one day! That would be a really big project! Here it is, the famous castle cake!














The color scheme was Asher's request! I had to change a few of the candies because Asher doesn't like white chocolate or gum drops :) I think it turned out really good!
We invited 7 boys to the party, and had it at our neighborhood pool! It was really alot of fun! The boys mainly played their favorite pool game, king of the mountain! I think Jeremy only had to break up one fight. Boys!! I also had some pool games to play and candy prizes to win. The rest was swimming and fun!




























Those kids can't get enough of that pool! Even when we were done with the party, Asher stayed with a friend and swam some more! I thought the party lasted for about 3 or 4 hours, but when I settled into the car it had only been 2 hours and 20 minutes! It certainly felt alot longer to Jeremy and I! We are glad everyone (friends and family) could come! I think Asher really enjoyed his party! And even though it took some work, it was alot of fun to plan!!

9 comments:

Brianne said...

Whoa, that cake is AWESOME, Tina! I need to hire you to make a cake for Ben's birthday coming up :)

Happy birthday Asher!

Amy said...

Tina WOW look at that cake! I didn't get to see the one last year that you made. That is so awesome. Good job!

Michelle said...

I´m impressed with the cake...FUN! I can imagine why Asher couldn´t get enough of the pool. I think I could be out in the pool good 8 hour day and still go out the next day. I love the pool. To bad its winter here.

Cindy said...

What an awesome cake! Happy Birthday, Asher!

J D C and N said...

That is an amazing cake!! Way to go.

Emily said...

WOW TINA! That cake is so AMAZING! You need to teach me your tricks!

becki said...

what a talent you have!! great cake!
oh, you had asked about the splash park-it was finch park in downtown mckinney, there are 2 more, one on custer and virginia (aviator park) and another on virginia and off of lake forest -go look online. i don't remember street names or anything for that matter! :)

Sarah Hastings said...

Happy Birthday Asher!! The cake is awesome and it looks like you threw a great party, way to go!

Anonymous said...

My gosh, Tina, that cake is amazing! When did you learn to do that? It looks better than the expensive cakes in the bakery section (pick your store). Much better. If we ate sugar I would definitely hire you to do our cakes for all the birthdays we have.

I'm sending a copy of that pic to Rob.

cavamil