Sunday, July 20, 2008

Back to good ol' Killeen!

My mom, Ayden, and I went to visit Amy and Preston again this past week. Even though Amy said there wasn't a whole lot to do there we found some pretty cool things to do! We got in our shopping on the first day. The Walmart there was so busy!
They have a really nice bounce house place in Killeen that I really wish we had here! Kids under one get in free, and all other kids are $8. We were thinking of just saying Ayden was less then one (a lie! Shame!) to not pay the money, but I decided I'd feel too guilty. The girl let us in for free anyway! That's one reward for telling the truth!
Ayden was scared at first. She whined and just wanted to play with the toys. There was a toddler area with a small bounce house and some toys and a gate! We all tried to take her to some of the bigger bounce houses to show her how fun it was. Ok, so maybe we just wanted a chance to jump too!
Here's the first few jumps with me!



















Here's with Aunt Amy in the cool sounding jungle bounce house, which turned out to be just a normal regular old bounce house.



















My mom took her on one of the really tall slides. Ayden wasn't so sure about it, and seemed glad to be done when they got to the bottom! Here they are on the rocking horse in the toddler area.














It was looking like a wasted trip, so I was glad we got in for free! I got the idea to just lay down in the bounce house and hopefully Ayden would follow me in on her own. That did the trick!



















No we're having fun! Ayden loves to bounce around and fall on our bed, so I knew she would love the bounce houses. She would have played all day if we could!
The next thing we did was visit the museum of Preston's unit ( I'm not sure what you call it!). I think it's called the 1st Calvary Division Museum. There are a bunch of tanks, helicopters, jeeps, and stuff outside. Asher would have loved this!
This is an old cannon thing!














Here's Amy and Ayden by a tank! It was so hot that we only spent 20 minutes or so there. I feel for those guys having to wear their full uniforms in that heat!














Our final outing was to Inner Cave Caverns in Georgetown. Here were these beautiful caverns just right under the freeway! Our poor tour guide had to deal with two whining little ones, Ayden and another little girl. After finding out she could walk around then it wasn't too bad!



















There were some really cool cave drawings! Ok, they were ones that someone drew in 1966, but they were still pretty neat!














Here we all are in the last room of the tour.














I figured it was a good thing to do on a hot day because it would be cool in the caves, but we were stilling sweating up a storm! It was very humid and I would say cool/hot if that makes sense! I was blowing on Ayden to keep her cooler.














Then a quick visit to the gift shop for souvenirs. And a cute picture! Howdy ma'am!














We also went out to eat a few times. Amy said the food wasn't as good here and I have to admit she was right. Glad to say the biscuits at Red Lobster were still the best! Ayden would say the same, her belly was so full! I think she ate two biscuits on her own even after her regular meal! She's a little piglet!
I really enjoyed the visit! I hope when you guys move that I'll get to come visit there too! Thanks Amy and Preston!
And I have to agree with Preston. The night is good when you end it with Mike! (a reference to Dirty Jobs! Love that show!)

3 comments:

Amy said...

Tina you're right about the name of the museum! Good Job! Thanks for coming. You're welcome to come to AZ when we are there!!

Michelle said...

I had no idea there was that much stuff to do in Kileen. Actually, I think there is a lot to do in McKinney/Dallas/Fort Worth area...but I really haven´t gone sightseeing and fun stuff. Occassionally, but I mostly did the normal stuff...work, school, church. Leaving the states makes me appreciate a heck of a lot more the activities there are and the culture experiences that one can have.

Jenny said...

That bounce place looks like alot of fun! I can't wait till Sofia is old enough to enjoy things like that.