Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Stuff

Well all is as well as can be expected in the Scott household. For those of you who haven’t heard my son Asher fell off of his bike, knocked himself out, and fractured his skull. That is the bad news, the good news is he is doing fine and back to normal activity. We had a nice thanksgiving, we got to spend some time with family and eat some good food. Asher got to come down to Texas for Thanksgiving which was great. Ayden is doing well, she is jabbering like crazy these days. She talks on some days nonstop all day long. I tell Tina she gets that from her. But I know she gets it from me. My weight is still coming along just fine, still making progress. To quote a line from the song “Living on a Prayer”, “we have each other and that’s enough…”. That is pretty much what are live is about. We don’t have much money, I can’t ever seem to find a job I like. I generally like them all at first, but that pretty much always ends after a few months. But at least I still have my wife and daughter and son and family. You know growing up and being successful in sports and not really ever having much trouble with grades and stuff it never crossed my mind that I wouldn’t be successful professionally. I didn’t know what I would do, but I thought I would be successful at something. It is a real slap in the face to have friends who are doctors, lawyers, accountants, etc… and for me to have accomplished nothing professionally in my life. I know I have no one to blame but myself. Maybe I just haven’t found the field I can be successful in yet. I don’t know. My personality is like that of an artist, or a musician. The problem is I can’t paint, draw or sculpt and I can’t play any instrument or sing well enough. I have read that like the majority of artists in the world have my same personality type. It would seem that Heavenly Father gave me a certain personality but forget to give me artist ability. Which means I don’t fit in business because I am to inquisitive and free spirited. So once you rule out business you really only have a few work sectors you can go to. You can do a social type of work, education, government, hospitality or medical I guess. I have tried many different areas of business now. I thought training might work for me even though it is in the business sector. It appears I was wrong. It is still business. So I am left to find or try to find something that is a good fit for me. I fear I will never find it and I will keep bouncing from job to job every year for the next 34 years. Ayden is now rolling all over the floor. She can’t crawl yet, but I can put her down on the floor and a short while later she will be on the other side of the room because she rolled all the way over there. She still doesn’t sit up on her own real well, she is still working on that. She is just the cutest though. She really melts my heart, she smiles at me all the time, she is just adorable. Some day she will complain that I don’t let her date or am to protective, so I will just enjoy the sweet times with her right now. If any of you have any thoughts for me I would like to hear them. We are going through a lot of stuff right now and are just trying to hang in there. But as long as I have my lovely wife and daughter and son and family, we will make it through. Anyway these are just some random thoughts for the most part, I haven’t written for a while because we have been busy dealing with other things. Take care.

2 comments:

Jolley Family said...

Hey did you guys take any pictures over Thanksgiving of the kids? If so will you update soon. I could use a few more esp. of Asher if you have any.

Sarah said...

Hey Jeremy, it was so good seeing you at Thansgiving! I am sorry we couldn't have seen more of each other, your family is beautiful! Have a great day!